Hard Copy or Instant Download
For every teacher – includes everything you need to bring out the musical maestro in any student!
Fun with Composers captivates children’s imaginations through our interactive approach to classical music. Magical Chefs, Secret Agents and Sea Creatures are discovered in the music of Camille Saint-Saens, Grieg, and other greats! Our Orff-based approach makes orchestral works spring to life as children sing, dance, act, and move to the music
Our flexible guides are easy to integrate into a curriculum, providing teachers with a wide range of themes, music, and composers to choose from. Teachers have always been fascinated by how easy it is to adapt our lessons to any grade level. Music and concepts have been creatively woven into the lessons to keep the emphasis on imaginative fun!
Fun with Composers is truly teacher friendly! Reproducible composer images, biographies, music maps, and activity pages are designed to enrich the child’s experience.
Nine exciting classical selections are introduced, providing teachers with over 27 detailed lesson plans – well over a year’s worth of classical music materials! Our guides provide teachers with a classical music supplement that enriches any program.
Music Map (sample) Activity Sheet (sample) Coloring Page (sample)
– Guide Table of Contents
– Let’s Warm Up
– Composer Biographies & Activity Sheets
- A CD with fun-filled lyrics as well as an authentic orchestral recording of each selection.
- A DVD which features key teaching strategies and the final performance of each selection.
- Musical Selection from various composers…
- The Marriage of Figaro…Mozart (Figaro the Magical Chef)
- Slavonic Dance no. … Dvorak (The Great Barn Dance)
- Minuet in G Major… Bach (Royal Dance)
- Tritsch Tratsch Polka…Strauss (The Ringmaster and the Tightrope Walker)
- Minuetto…Mozart (The Snobby Pears)
- Pizzicato Polka…Strauss (Bugsy and the Pizzicato Polka)
- Aquarium…Saint-Saëns (The Giant Octopus)
- Surprise Symphony…Haydn (Sneakers and Sleepers)
- Persian March…Strauss (Sneaky Sam)